Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday Dinner

Tonight we had boneless, center-cut pork chops that had been marked down at Harris Teeter. I pan-fried them, then glazed with Mr. Yoshida's sauce. (I've mentioned this stuff before - it's a thick, sweet/savory sauce sold in huge bottles at Costco.) On the side we had white rice and stir-fried baby bok choy. I cut the heads in half and stir-fry the thick stems in a little hot oil. I add some broth (usually chicken but tonight was beef because that's what I had on hand), and simmer for 3 - 4 minutes. I add in some soy sauce and the top halves (leaves), and stir until barely wilted. A few drops of sesame oil is a nice finish to this, and the pan liquid is tasty over the rice.

Totals:

$2.18 - pork chops
$1.43 - baby bok choy ($1.99/lb)
.30 - white rice

$3.91 for dinner for 3

No comments: