Saturday, June 20, 2009

Weekly Deals

Hi all! I'm back from the beach - burnt, broke, and in need of a vacation to recover from my vacation. :)

I browsed the grocery fliers in my email late last night, and it appears that this week is slim pickins' for sales. There were a few that caught my attention, though:

Lowes Foods

80/20 ground beef - $1.77/lb

frozen whole turkey breast - $.99/lb (if anyone decides to get this, let me know and I'll post my brining recipe/method)

Lowes Foods brand 1/2 gallon ice cream - $1.38 ea. with coupon from flier - limit 4 (this is the best deal this week, in my opinion)

BOGO - select Kelloggs cereals, Cheez-its, Thomas' English Muffins, Lawry's marinades


Food Lion

Baby back ribs - $2.99/lb

London broil - $2.59/lb (if you're unfamiliar with this cut of meat but want to try it, drop me a line and I'll post about it)

Food Lion bakery fruit pies - $2.99 ea.

Tilapia fillets - $2.99/lb

BOGO - Cheerios, Edy's ice cream, Ball Park Franks


Harris Teeter

Smithfield Baby Back ribs - $2.77/lb (not sure, but these may be pre-cooked, pre-sauced - great deal if so. Still a good deal if not.)

Lobster tails - $4.99 ea. (not in my budget this week, but this is about 1/2 price!)

Kraft 8oz shredded or chunk cheese - $1.47 each (coupons may still be available at Kraftfoods.com - direct link was posted last week)

Select General Mills cereals 3/$6 - there have been recent coupons in Sunday paper for $1 off 3

BOGO - Doritos, Klondike bars, Edy's ice cream, Famous Amos cookies, Nature's Pride bread, Hanover bagged frozen vegetables (recent coupons in Sunday paper for this brand)

1 comment:

Shea said...

Thanks to your heads up about sales this week as this morning I took advantage of Sunday coupons and FL sale items. I saved just shy of $30 along with coupons generated at the register from my last trip to FL! Amazing to me I am tickled! Thanks for your postings GSO and keep up the awesome work!