Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Tuesday Dinner

I've been keeping busy while The Kid is at camp by immersing myself in a major cleaning-reorganizing project. So dinner last night was simple but hearty. Turkey Kielbasa, corn on the cob, and a Lipton/Knorr rice mix (broccoli and cheese). As I've said before, the Lipton/Knorr rice and pasta side dish mixes are a great way to stretch a budget. Coupons for them are regularly in the Sunday paper, and Harris Teeter frequently puts them on sale. (They're BOGO this week, as a matter of fact.) Combine coupons with sales and you can consistently buy these for 25 cents each or less. During triple coupons, this is a product I often get free or for just a few cents. I keep plenty on hand for nights like last night, when I want to quickly put together a meat-starch-veggie dinner.

Totals:

$2 - turkey Kielbasa (Hillshire Farms brand, WalMart + coupon)
$1 - corn on the cob (3/$1)
.4 - rice side dish (purchased when HT had triple coupons)

$3.04 for dinner for 3 (sister joined us)

No comments: