Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wednesday Dinner

Tonight I made a pasta bake. I cooked 1 box of Ronzoni Smart Taste spiral pasta (this is the pasta that has extra calcium and fiber, but tastes like regular pasta). I purchased it with a coupon so it was the same price as regular pasta. I stirred in 1 jar Prego pasta sauce (purchased on sale + triple coupon), 1 grated zucchini from my garden, and a little less than a pound of Italian sausage, cooked and sliced (purchased on markdown). After stirring everything together, I topped with 1/2 an 8oz. package shredded cheese (purchase buy 2, get 3 free), and baked at 350 for 30 minutes. It was delicious served with a loaf of crusty bread hot from the bread machine.

Totals:
$1 - pasta
$1.76 - Italian sausage
.30 - Prego sauce
.65 - cheese
.50 - ingredients for bread
free - zucchini

$4.21 for dinner for 4 (sister & husband joined us), with plenty of leftovers

No comments: