Wednesday, August 26, 2009

From the Bakery


Between the computer virus, multiple trips to my friend's house to get it fixed, and my huge yardsale, I neglected my garden a bit. The result was a zucchini that went unnoticed until it was big enough to be used as a deadly weapon. They're really not at their best when they get so big - they get very mealy in the center. So I scooped all the seeds out, cut it into large chunks, and stored it in the fridge to be used bit by bit. Today I finally used up the last of it in 2 loaves of zucchini bread. I've made this particular recipe before and it's yummy. My only change is using about 2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie spice in place of the 3 tsp. ground cinnamon that the recipe calls for. This will be great in the mornings before school (6am is coming darned early, y'all).

Zucchini Bread

No comments: