Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Triple Coupons!

I'll be back on later to post about this week's deals, but I wanted to verify for you that Harris Teeter is indeed having triple coupons this week.

Remember, this means that all coupons with a face value up to 99 cents will be tripled, up to the value of the item. For example: You have a coupon for .75 off an item. Tripled, you'll get $2.25 off. But if the item only costs $2, you'll only get $2 off - you won't get that extra .25 in change. Coupons of $1 or more will be redeemed at their face value.

Harris Teeter now limits you to 20 tripled coupons per day, per VIC card household. Lucky for me, my sister doesn't coupon herself, so she lets me use her VIC card during triple coupons.

I made 2 trips early this morning. On the first trip, my total before coupons & VIC savings was $45.57. After VIC savings and triple coupons, I paid $6.74!

My second trip was much more extensive, and contained items not purchased with triple coupons, such as a fabulous meat markdown - over $30 worth of ribeye steaks for $11.22!

Total before VIC savings & coupons, $111 and change. Total after VIC savings (meat markdowns, etc.), $72 and change. After coupons were tripled, I paid $37.85.

No comments: