Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wednesday Dinner

I had another short-on-ideas night tonight. (Everything I could think of - that needed no extra ingredients to buy - was based on either beef or rice. I'm currently a bit tired of both.) So I made our old standby - breakfast for dinner. With all the deals I've gotten lately with sales, triple coupons, etc., it was incredibly cheap. I made bacon, egg & cheese biscuits and hash browns, with fresh fruit (watermelon from the garden) on the side. Yum! As a bonus, The Kid made extra breakfast sandwiches with the leftovers, which are now ready for microwaving before school.

Totals:

.75 - bacon (1/2 package, purchased when HT had buy 2, get 3 free deal)
.33 - Grands biscuits (sale + triple coupon)
.40 - eggs
.50 - cheese
.40 - Simply Potatoes hash browns (BOGO sale + super double coupons)
Free - watermelon from garden

Totals: $2.38 for dinner for 3 (plus 2 leftover sandwiches for breakfast)

No comments: