Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tuesday & Wednesday Dinners

Tuesday night I made my Fake-Out Lemon Broccoli Risotto along with boneless chicken breasts I marinated in olive oil, lemon juice and Cavender's Greek Seasoning. The risotto was awesome, as always, but the chicken was just OK. The chicken breasts were very thick and meaty, and I really should have pounded them before marinating. Since I didn't, they were really dried out by the time the thickest part was done. Also, the marinade just can't penetrate that far, so they were rather flavorless. They were also really too big for a single serving, so everyone just ate 1/2 their portion. So I have 3 bland, dry, half-chicken breasts in my fridge. I want to just throw them out, but the frugal part of my brain won't let me, so I'll see if I can salvage them in a salad or something.

Tuesday Totals:

chicken - $2.33
ingredients for risotto - $2

$4.33 for dinner for 3


Wednesday was a busy day for me that included getting caught up on my coupon clipping & sorting, because Harris Teeter has Super Double Coupons this week! I spent my afternoon shopping and I got some great deals, with lots of free and nearly free products. (Remember, super double coupons means that Harris Teeter will double all coupons with a face value of $1.98 or less, up to 20 per day. So search your stash for $1 and $1.50 off coupons for great deals.)



I knew I wouldn't be up for cooking when I got home (which was really late anyway), so we just had 2 Palermo Thin frozen pizzas, which are on sale BOGO at HT this week.

Totals:

$7.19 for dinner for 3 (2 frozen pizzas with leftovers for 1 lunch serving tomorrow)

No comments: