Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday Deals

I know I haven't written about Wednesday deals in awhile. Frankly, I've been on the fence about posting them at all. On one hand, I'm able to cook the way I cook, on my budget, specifically because I shop Triad-area grocery stores for sales and deals. But on the other hand, there are so many sites for grocery sales, listing each and every deal and coupon that's out there. I can't compete with that and I shouldn't even try. So, from now on, I'll just write about the sales & deals that interest me because, ultimately, that's what I'm going to end up buying, cooking and blogging about in future dinner posts.

I should mention that I already did my Harris Teeter shopping today and found some fantastic meat markdowns on steak, so be sure to watch for those yellow stickers!


Harris Teeter Flier

eVic special:
2 lb chub ground chuck, $2.97 (limit 1 per VIC card household)

Other deals:
Large white eggs, .99/dozen (limit 2)
Fresh whole mushrooms, $2.97/lb

Buy 2, Get 3 free
Lawry's Marinade (I love keeping these on hand)

BOGO
Arnold or Thomas Bagel or Sandwich Thins (we love these for lunches)
Birdseye Steamfresh Meals for 2 (recent $1.50 coupon makes these $2.50/bag)
Breakstone 16 oz. sour cream (free when .55 coupon from last Sunday's paper doubles)
Blue Bunny Ice Cream
Cantaloupe
Whole Pineapple
Chex Mix (recent coupons for .50 off 2 will double)



Lowes Foods Flier


3-Day-Sale (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
8 lb bag Russet Potatoes - $1.99
Kelloggs Frosted Flakes - $1.38 (look for recent coupons)
Blue Bunny Ice Cream - $1.99
Ore-Ida frozen potatoes - $1.88

Regular (all week) Sale items
Split bone-in chicken breasts - .99/lb


Food Lion Flier

I don't see anything to bring me in this week.

No comments: