Monday, April 26, 2010

Thursday Dinner

Gnocchi with Ham, Mushrooms, Peas & Parmesan

One of my favorite dishes to make with leftover ham, so we usually get to have it at least once after Christmas and Easter (we've just about used up the last of the Easter ham now, but I'm proud of how far I stretched it). I sauteed 8 oz. sliced mushrooms in a little butter with garlic salt & pepper, then added about 1 cup diced ham. I boiled the gnocchi in salted water until done (according to package directions) and tossed them into the pan with mushrooms and ham. I added 1/2 a package frozen green peas, lots of cracked black pepper, and a good sprinkle of grated parmesan. (I covered for a few minutes to let the peas thaw.)

Totals>

$1.99 - gnocchi (from Trader Joe's)
$1.50 - mushrooms (from Aldi)
.50 - 1/2 package peas
free - ham
.25 - parmesan

$4.25 for dinner for 4, with leftover for 1 lunch serving

No comments: