Sunday, June 7, 2009

Introduction

I feed my family of 3 (2 adults, 1 child) on about $250 per month. The budget part isn't so surprising to most people - but their eyes widen when I tell them the sorts of foods we eat regularly. We aren't living on dried beans, ramen noodles and cheap hotdogs. We have steak, seafood, gourmet deli meats and cheeses, premium ice cream, and fresh produce. Simply put, we don't eat like we're on a tight budget at all - we eat good.

So, the good news is that you can feed your family very well on not very much money. The bad news is there's no secret method or formula. You have to work at it. Saving this kind of money involves some serious effort, time and planning.

That's why I decided to start this blog (at the prompting of some friends) - I'm putting in the time and planning anyway, so I might as well share my successes so that as many people as possible can benefit. I hope you enjoy.

No comments: