Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday Dinner

Steak!

I don't normally fire up the grill unless I can cook enough meat for the week. Since we're leaving for the beach on Monday, I definitely wasn't planning to grill this weekend. But those Porterhouse steaks I picked up yesterday (for a song!) were calling my name. I just couldn't bear to stick them in the freezer.

We had grilled porterhouse, sprinkled with a little Montreal steak seasoning, and char-grilled medium-rare. This was quite possibly the best steak I've ever made myself - it was certainly as good as any I've ever had in a restaurant. Rounding out the meal we had oven-roasted potatoes, creamed spinach and grilled garlic bread.

Totals:

$7.04 - steak
.66 - creamed spinach (purchased on sale for $1 each, + coupon for $1 off 3)
$1.50 - roasted potatoes (potatoes, oil, packet dry onion soup mix)
$1 - loaf french bread

$10.20 for dinner for 3. The original price of the steaks alone was more than twice this much.

(Nothing goes to waste - The Kid and I are bringing the huge t-bones to a friend's dog tomorrow.)

No comments: