Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday Dinner

Tonight was all about using up items before I had to throw them out - specifically, romaine lettuce, a container of leftover au jus, and an unopened package of roast beef purchased way back when HT had their buy 2, get 3 free deal.

I made Ceasar salad and mini-French Dip sandwiches. I picked up some Asiago cheese bread at WalMart today. It was on the marked-down bakery cart for $1.80 (down from $3). It still felt soft and "springy" so I knew it would be fine if we used it up quickly. I cut thin slices, topped them with roast beef and a little shredded mozzarella, then baked at 350 for 10 minutes. To serve, we just assembled the halves into sandwiches, and dipped in hot au jus. They were awesome! We still have leftover fixins, so I totally know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow.

Totals:

$1.33 - romaine lettuce (Package of 3 "Hearts of Romaine" for $2 at Aldi)
$1.20 - roast beef (sale price brought to $1.80/package - used about 2/3)
.90 - 1/2 loaf cheese bread
.50 - misc. ingredients (cheese, dressing, croutons)

$3.93 for dinner for 3

No comments: