Monday, September 7, 2009

Monday Dinner


I broke out the grill tonight for what may be the last time this summer. Awhile back, I splurged on a boneless marinated lamb shoulder and decided it was finally time to cook it. (This particular roast was originally $14 and change but I got it for about $7 after meat markdown + coupon.) So I grilled it to medium-rare, sliced it thin and served it with yellow cherry tomatoes from my garden (these need no embellishment) and my Fake-Out Lemon Broccoli Risotto.

Totals:

$7 - lamb
$1.25 - broccoli
$2 - other risotto ingredients
free - cherry tomatoes

$10.25 for dinner for 3 (with lamb and risotto left over)

NOTE: The wine department can be a great source for coupons, and they are often for unbranded items that never have coupons (fresh meat, produce, gourmet cheeses, etc). For this lamb roast, I used a coupon for $4 off any fresh meat that came off a wine bottle.

No comments: