Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday Dinner

The Kid and I were out of town visiting friends Friday & Saturday and didn't return until late this afternoon. I had purchased a Tyson Fajita kit awhile back (from WalMart, with coupon) for just this sort of night when I'm tired and uninspired. It turned out pretty good - better than many frozen "bag to skillet" meals, with the bonus of being portioned to serve 3, not 2. On the side I served a can of Glory Foods "Sensibly Seasoned" pinto beans, whole grain tortilla chips and a brand of guacamole that's sold vacumn-packed in the produce section. All of these were free or nearly free after super-double or triple coupons at Harris Teeter. All in all, a very nice (and inexpensive) dinner for a "I'm too tired to cook" night.

Totals:

$4.39 - fajita kit
.15 - pinto beans
free - guacamole
.10 - tortilla chips

$4.64 for dinner for 3

No comments: