Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday Dinner

Dinner tonight wasn't at all what I'd originally planned to cook. I know I said awhile back that I'd never come across any good meat markdowns at Food Lion. Well, I now have to amend that because I found a GREAT deal on marked down meat at Food Lion today. The store on W. Market St. had short-dated (expire tomorrow) Jennie-O Tequila Lime marinated turkey tenderloins marked down to only $1.25 apiece! These are regularly in the $7 - $8 range, and are actually on sale BOGO this week (but they've raised the price so it works out to $5 apiece). I purchased all they had (4), cooked 1 and stuck the rest in the freezer.

After roasting it in the oven, I served it with corn (3/$1 sale at HT the other week), and a Knorr/Lipton side of Pasta in Butter sauce (BOGO + triple coupons = nearly free).

This may well be my cheapest meal yet! Even though I got all of the marked-down tenderloins at this particular store, you should keep an eye out for similar deals if you shop at Food Lion.

Totals:

$1.25 - turkey tenderloin
.33 - corn
.5 - Lipton pasta mix
free - the last tomatoes from the garden

$1.66 for dinner for 4 (us + sister), with quite a bit of turkey left over. (There are actually 2 tenderloins to a package, and we only ate one.)

No comments: