Thursday, September 24, 2009

Keeping Track

Just for fun, I went back through all the dinners for August and made some calculations. We cooked at home 22 out of the 31 nights. I think that's reasonable, given that 4 nights were devoted to the yard sale (1 to set up, 2 days of selling, and 1 celebration dinner), and The Kid and I were out of town visiting friends for 2 nights.

Those 22 dinners cost me $100.30, which averages out to $4.56 per meal. That's well under my goal of a $5-per-dinner average, so I'm very pleased. Even more so when I see how many nights I fed 4 or 5 instead of 3. (My sister is a teacher, so she's around a lot more often in the summer months.)

Thank you to my friends and readers. Even though I'm a self-proclaimed "Foodie" and a bargain-shopper, too, writing this blog has really helped tie both of those things together into one goal. Knowing that you are out there, reading about my meals, has really given me a sense of "accountability." It's not only sparked my creativity in planning and cooking meals, but it's also made me examine and curb my eating out habit. More than once I've thought to myself, "I can't eat out again tonight...I need to write the Foodie blog!"

Thanks again and keep reading!

No comments: