Monday, October 26, 2009

Recent Dinners

I'm afraid I haven't been doing any cooking over the past few days. The Kid and I went to visit our friends in the Raleigh area for the weekend, and we've been tired and/or busy for the 2 nights we've been back.

Sunday I made those Steamfresh Meals for 2 that I got so cheaply with coupon earlier in the week. We had the Beef with Portobello Mushrooms variety and I have to say it was very good. Good-sized chunks of steak with mushrooms, peas and bowtie pasta in a creamy sauce. It tasted very much like something I might make from scratch. I would definitely buy this variety again. Also, this brand gets big points for being generously portioned. Each bag is supposed to serve 2, but since my sister was over I made 2 bags to serve 4. Even with second-helpings, we still had leftovers. I think 1 bag could serve 3 people easily with a side dish like salad or bread.

Sunday totals:

$5.99 - 2 Steamfresh Meals for 2 bagged dinners (purchased with BOGO coupon)
free - garlic bread (my sister brought over)

$5.99 for dinner for 4

____________

The Kid had a function tonight so it was an on-the-fly dinner. I baked up 2 of the Mystic Pizzas I got on sale last week. Tasty, but it felt like a "skimpy" meal; more like lunch than dinner.

Monday totals:

$4.40 - 2 Mystic Pizza frozen pizzas ($2.20/ea after Buy 2, Get 3 free sale)

____________

I should be back to "real" cooking tomorrow night.

No comments: