Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tuesday Dinner

We're not big milk drinkers. I buy milk mainly for cooking and for The Kid's cereal. But cereal and milk falls out of favor for breakfast, sometimes for days in a row. Consequently, I often have to find a way to use up the last of a gallon of milk before it sours. When I do, homemade macaroni and cheese is one of my go-to dishes. Suffice to say, that's what we had for dinner last night. I served it with just a green salad made with garden tomatoes (yep, we're still working our way through all the tomatoes we brought in when we pulled up the garden). That's it - simple and filling.

Totals:

$1 - macaroni
$2.50 - cheese
.75 - milk & remaining ingredients

.75 - 1/2 bagged salad
free - tomatoes

$5 f0r dinner for 3, with loads of leftover mac & cheese

No comments: