Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday Dinner

Pan-Seared Salmon, Jasmine Rice & Edamame

I didn't use a recipe or make anything complicated tonight - we had exactly what is labeled above. For the salmon, I used frozen 4 oz. portions from Aldi. After thawing, I patted them dry, shook on a generous amount of Chef Paul Prud'homme Magic Salmon Seasoning (and pressed it in well on both sides). Then I just pan-seared the fillets in a hot non-stick skillet with just a pat of butter. On the side we had Jasmine rice (cooked in the microwave) and steam-in-the-bag edamame (the pre-shelled variety). I served bottled teriyakki sauce at the table for drizzling. (The salmon didn't need it, but the rice and soybeans were grateful for a little jazzing up).

Totals:

$3 - salmon ($3.99 for 4 portions)
.50 - jasmine rice ($2.99 for a big bag from Trader Joe's)
$1.25 - edamame (BOGO from Lowes Foods)

$4.75 for dinner for 3

No comments: