Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tuesday Dinner

I'd been staring at the 1/2 package of pork schnitzel from Aldi in my freezer for way too long (since last spring), but it never seemed like something I wanted to eat in hot weather. So I was glad for the cool, damp fall weather so I could finally make a fall'ish meal.

We had pork schnitzel, buttered noodles, and sauteed cabbage. It was delicious...although now I'll have to wait until Aldi has another "German Specialties" week before I can buy the schnitzel again. For the cabbage, I just sauteed in about 1 tsp. of bacon fat, added in about 1/2 cup beef broth (because that's what I had in the fridge), covered and simmered until tender (about 15 minutes).

Totals:

$3 - pork schnitzel (package of 6/$5.99)
free - noodles (No Yolks brand after triple coupons)
.40 - 1/2 head cabbage

$3.40 for dinner for 3

No comments: