Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday Dinner

Tonight I made a variation on the "5 Minute Potato Gratins" that I've made (and posted about) before. I made the recipe in a full-sized pan, and added diced ham to make it a main dish. I used a bag of Simply Potatoes Homestyle slices and layered these in a greased casserole dish with salt, pepper, diced ham, and shredded swiss (about 5 layers in all). I topped it with just potatoes and swiss, then poured about 1/2 pint of half & half all over. I baked at 350, covered, for 40 minutes, then uncovered and baked for 20 minutes more. I served this with a green salad w/ diced garden tomatoes, and (canned) green beans cooked with a little chicken bullion for extra flavor.

Totals:

.40 - Simply Potatoes (BOGO sale + Super Double Coupons)
.63 - about 8 oz. diced ham (Hormel canned ham on sale for $3.99, which works out to $1.33/lb)
.65 - 1/2 pint half & half
$2 - shredded swiss
.33 - green beans (3/$1 sale at HT)
free - tomatoes
free - salad mix (part of HT meal deal)

$4.01 for dinner for 4 (sister joined us) with another serving or two of Potatoes & Ham Gratin leftover

No comments: