Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wednesday Dinner

I just never get tired of making (and eating!) my Fake-Out Lemon-Broccoli Risotto. It's so light and fresh-tasting, and it goes so well with so many entrees. Last night I paired it with a Hormel Lemon-Garlic pork tenderloin that I'd gotten from Lowes Foods back when they had an unadvertised sale + "InstaSave" eOffer. The end price was only $3.99, when these are usually in the $10 range. I was running errands late yesterday afternoon (more on those in another post), and I got home later than I'd planned. One of the nice things about these tenderloins is that you don't have to roast them whole (which takes 45+ minutes). You can just slice them into chops (about 1" thick) and pan-fry them or slap them on the George Foreman. I went the GF route, and they were done in about 4 minutes.

Totals:

$3.99 - pork tenderloin
.75 - steam-in-the-bag broccoli (after BOGO sale + double coupon)
$2 - other ingredients for risotto

$6.74 for dinner for 4 (sister joined us, plus took leftover chops home to brother-in-law. I wasn't parting with my leftover risotto, which I ate for lunch [ok, breakfast] today.)

No comments: