Friday, October 16, 2009

Thursday Dinner

Last night I was tired and cold and in a bad mood so I put forth no effort whatsoever in getting dinner together. As a result, it was an "Eh, it was food" sort of dinner. In other words, it nourished the body but not the soul.

I served last week's Harris Teeter meal deal in its entirely; Hormel Roast Beef & Gravy entree, TGIFriday's Steakhouse Mashed Potatoes, bagged salad and frozen green beans. The potatoes were easily the best part of the meal; everything else was just "eh."

Totals:

$6.99 for everything (Meal Deal was $7.99, but I had a coupon for $1 off a Hormel entree.)


I'm going to try to put together Weekly Deals posts later today, although I'm not seeing much that interests me in any of the "Big 3" ads. But then again, I have a freezer full of meat and a pantry full of non-perishables (and a full shelving unit in my laundry room that I call my "overflow pantry"), so I can afford to be picky right now. I believe that I could feed my family for a month - at least! - on just what I've got stockpiled and spend no money except on fresh bread and milk.

Also, I'm in the process of re-organizing my coupons and switching over to the binder method. I purchased the binder and page inserts this week (that was the "late afternoon errands" the other day), and I'm going through, sorting, and re-categorizing right now. I should have it all done by the end of the weekend, at which point I'll post a detailed account w/ pictures.

No comments: