Thursday, October 22, 2009

Wednesday Dinner

Wednesday's dinner ended up being all comfort food. It's funny, because that's not what was originally planned for the menu, but I ended up being out of a key ingredient and had to change plans at the last minute. It's nice that some of my favorite comfort foods are also so easy and relatively quick to prepare.

We had what I call Butter Crumb Cabbage (because I think the original name for the dish is too long and stupid), and Au Gratin Potatoes with Ham.

Totals:

.40 - Simply Potatoes (BOGO sale + Super Double Coupons)
.63 - about 8 oz. diced ham (Hormel canned ham on sale for $3.99, which works out to $1.33/lb)
.65 - 1/2 pint half & half
$1 - shredded swiss (about 1/2 bag)
.60 - 1/2 head of cabbage (about 1.5 lbs)
.25 - 1/2 stick butter
.60 - 1/2 bag Texas Toast Garlic Butter Croutons

$4.13 for dinner for 3, with lots of leftovers (I've already had servings of both for lunch today and there's still plenty left)

No comments: