Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday Dinner

I didn't cook all weekend. Friday night we ate out with friends before attending their son's high school football game. Ditto Saturday, before taking a whole passel of kids Trick-or-Treating. Sunday I just couldn't pass up the last day of the Boston Market $1 chicken dinner promotion. (Printable coupon for 1/4 chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, plus cornbread for $1.)

Tonight I was back to cooking, but I felt very limited as to what I could serve. I had planned a somewhat time and labor-intensive dish, but my plans fell through when the afternoon was eaten up by errands. I still have leftover turkey & gravy, and will definitely serve it later in the week, but it was too similar to Sunday's dinner to serve it tonight. So I ended up going with a bag of Teriyaki Chicken from Trader Joe's, jasmine rice, and steam-in-the-bag edamame. Nobody complained, but it felt uninspired.

Totals:

$4.99 - teriyaki chicken
.50 - jasmine rice
$1.50 - edamame

$6.99 for dinner for 3

No comments: