Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Monday & Tuesday Dinners

The Kid had an activity Monday night, so it was a dine-n-dash sort of dinner. I just heated up a box of frozen taquitos, warmed a can of refried beans, and opened a bag of salad. I topped the salad with the last of the tortilla strips (bagged salad topping I got for free awhile back) and we passed sour cream, shredded cheese and salsa at the table.

Monday totals:

$2.25 - Taquitos (BOGO sale + $1 coupon at Harris Teeter)
.75 - can refried beans
$1 - 1/2 bag salad
.50 - misc toppings (cheese, salsa, sour cream, salad dressing)

$4.50 for dinner for 3

__________

Tuesday The Kid had another function, so it was another quickie dinner. I made pancakes, sausage, and fried apples (the latter being a can of Luck's). The pancake mix was one of my practically free after triple coupon deals - I think I paid .17 a box (and I have several boxes stockpiled at that price). The Jimmy Dean sausage was also a deal - sale + super double coupons brought it down to $1/roll. The Luck's fried apples were the only full-priced item, but they're an automatic "serve with" whenever I make a pancake dinner - they really complete the meal to me.

Tuesday Totals:

.05 - pancakes
$1 - sausage
$1 - fried apples

$2.05 for dinner for 3

No comments: