Sunday, November 22, 2009

Weekend Dinners

I wasn't feeling well enough to cook on Thursday, and Friday The Kid and I went out to dinner before seeing "The Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles" at the Coliseum. But I was feeling better Saturday and up for some real cooking. So I made a chicken casserole and steam-in-the-bag baby peas with mushrooms.

The casserole is called Chicken Bruschetta Bake and it's made with chicken, tomatoes, and stuffing mix. The recipe, as I originally found it (and still make it) called for the diced chicken to be mixed with 1/4 cup Kraft Sundried Tomato viniegrette or other Italian salad dressing. I've never made it the "new" way, but I'm sure it's just as good.

Totals:

$2 - chicken
free - Stove Top stuffing mix (free w/ purchase of turkey at HT last week)
.50 - canned tomatoes
.50 - 1/2 package shredded mozzarella (full bag .97 on eVic special last week)
.50 - peas & mushrooms (BOGO + double coupons)

$3.50 for dinner for 4 (sister joined us) plus leftovers for 1 lunch serving today

Sunday I made my favorite comfort-food dinner for cold, rainy days - smoked sausage and cabbage, and au gratin potatoes.

Totals:

.50 - smoked sausage (BOGO + double coupon)
.50 - Simply Potatoes (BOGO + super double coupon)
$1.00 - shredded Swiss cheese
.75 - cream
.50 - cabbage

$3.25 for dinner for 3

No comments: