Thursday, November 5, 2009

Wednesday Dinner

Dinner last night was a repeat of one last week - turkey and gravy on toast with cranberry sauce on the side. I didn't serve a vegetable (a rarity for me) because I'm running low and nothing I had in the house sounded good to go with turkey. We had finished off the last of the good homemade gravy, so I substituted gravy from a mix. I'd never tried this brand before (Lowes Foods house brand) and won't again because The Kid pronounced it "disgusting" and wouldn't eat it. (I think The Kid has become spoiled on my and my mom's homemade gravy. The rest of us thought the packet kind was fine - not great, but edible.) So I promised to get a jar of good gravy to go with the rest of the turkey.

I should have looked harder for a vegetable or some other side dish because the meal ended up being too light - everyone was poking around the kitchen for snacks within 2 hours.

Totals:
$1.66 - turkey (about 1/2 of what was left)
.30 - bread (just a guess)
$1 - can of cranberry sauce
.50 - gravy packet

$3.46 for dinner for 3

No comments: