Sunday, November 8, 2009

Weekend Meals

Friday night I made country-style steak, gravy (from a mix), mashed potatoes and green beans. The meat was Harris Teeter silver label Angus beef, which I normally never buy because it's so pricey. But I got this during a BOGO sale, and it was marked down to boot, so it was very cheap. I have to say, we could really taste the difference. This was the most flavorful, tender country-style steak I've ever made.

Totals:

$2.14- cubed steak
.50 - gravy packet
.50 - mashed potatoes
.33 - green beans

$3.47 for dinner for 3


Saturday we had the rest of the Cincinnati-style chili, with spaghetti, cheese, and garlic bread.

Totals:

free - chili (priced the first night I made it)
.50 - spaghetti
.50 - cheese
.75 - garlic bread

$1.75 for dinner for 3


Sunday The Kid had youth group, so I just baked a Mystic Pizza frozen pizza for the 2 of us. Total - $2.20 for dinner for 2.

No comments: