Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday Dinners

Sorry, I've gotten a bit behind in my postings - the past few days have been rather busy.

The Kid had a function on Monday night, so I put together something quick & easy - Hamburger Helper. It's not my favorite, but I stock up for busy nights whenever sale price/triple coupons brings the price-per-box below 75 cents.

Combined with the triple-coupon ground beef, and fruit-in-gelatin for a side dish (both also bought on sale), and it made an incredibly thrifty meal.

Monday Totals:

.12 - ground beef (seriously)
.50 - Hamburger Helper BOGO + double coupon
free - jello (after triple coupons)
.50 - canned peaches

$1.12 for dinner for 3

__________

Tuesday afternoon was full of appointments, so we didn't walk in the door until almost 6pm. For a quick dinner, I heated up a Jimmy Dean skillet meal (sausage, onions, peppers, and potatoes), scrambled some eggs in the pan, and served with canned biscuits. Dinner was on the table in under 20 minutes.

Tuesday Totals:

$2.90 - skillet meal (after triple coupon)
.20 - 1/2 dozen eggs (sale price)
.50 - cheese
.33 - canned biscuits (after sale + double coupon)

$3.93 for dinner for 3

__________

I was craving veggies (and lots of them) tonight, so I made Crunchy Shrimp Stir-Fry. I heated a package of Sea Pak popcorn shrimp in the oven according to package directions, stir-fried a bag of Asparagus Stir Fry frozen vegetables with a little oil, then tossed them both together with about 1/3 bottle Kikkoman Stir Fry Sauce and served over hot rice. Yum.

Wednesday Totals:

$2.56 - popcorn shrimp (WalMart price + $1 peel-off coupon on box)
$1.69 - frozen vegetables
.60 - stir fry sauce
.20 - rice

$5.05 for dinner for 4 (sister joined us)

No comments: