Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Recent Dinners

Saturday & Sunday night were "every man for himself" dinners. We were all busy with shopping and wrapping and general Christmas errands, so I told everybody to raid the fridge and pantry and make-do with that they could find.

Monday I was back to cooking but I wasn't feeling terribly inspired or creative, so I went with a lot of convenience foods. I pan-fried 3 Butterball Turkey Tenderloins and served them with cranberry sauce (leftover), a box of Zatarain's rice pilaf (almost free after sale + triple coupon), and a package of Green Giant creamed spinach (cheap after sale + double coupon).

Monday Totals:

$3.75 - turkey tenderloins ($1.25 ea. when purchased $4.99 for bag of 4)
.25 - rice pilaf mix
.43 - frozen spinach

$4.43 - dinner for 3

No comments: