Friday, December 18, 2009

Friday Dinner

Marinated, Grilled Skirt Steak for Fajitas


Fajitas, Spanish Rice

Tonight I grilled one package of the super-cheap skirt steak I scored at Harris Teeter last week. I didn't have any pre-bottled marinade, but I had a packet of McCormick Southwest marinade mix in my pantry, so I used that. After marinating the steak, I grilled it whole on the George Foreman for about 5 minutes, then I let it rest for 10 before slicing thinly against the grain and serving on heated tortillas with sauteed onions. We passed sour cream, cheese and salsa at the table, and a box of Zatarain's Spanish Rice (made with 1 can tomatoes) rounded out the meal.

Totals:

$1.10 - skirt steak (seriously!)
.25 - marinade mix (purchased after sale + coupon)
.70 - 1/2 package tortillas
.50 - onions, cheese, sour cream, salsa
.25 - rice mix (after triple coupons)
.50 - can tomatoes

$3.30 for dinner for 3

No comments: