Friday, December 18, 2009

Thursday Dinner

I've had a Macaroni Grill dinner kit kicking around my pantry forever, so I decided to give it a try last night. We had the Creamy Basil chicken variety and in my opinion it was just OK. The rest of the family, including my sister, thought it was delicious. (I admit I'm fussy about dinner kits that require you to add fresh chicken then simmer, because I think the chicken gets dry and tough that way. I seem to be the only one with that issue, though.)

I rounded out the meal with frozen garlic bread slices, and steam-in-the-bag broccoli that I jazzed up with butter, Mrs. Dash, and garlic salt. (My family also raved about the broccoli, but this time I agreed with them.)

Totals:

$2 - Macaroni Grill dinner kit
$2.33 - chicken breasts (bought on sale Buy 1, Get 2 Free)
.30 - steam-in-bag broccoli (BOGO sale + doubled coupon)
$1 - 1/2 box frozen garlic bread slices (after coupon)

$3.63 for dinner for 4 (sister joined us again)

No comments: