Sunday, December 6, 2009

Weekend Dinners

Friday night we ate out with friends.

Saturday was a busy day and I was exhausted and out of dinner ideas, so I relied on spaghetti, sauce from a jar, and frozen garlic bread. A ho-hum dinner if there ever was one.

Saturday totals:

.50 - spaghetti
$1 - Ragu sauce (sale + triple coupon)
.75 - 1/2 box garlic bread slices (double coupon)

$2.25 for dinner for 3


Sunday night I cooked some fresh bratwurst that I'd found marked down in the Harris Teeter butcher case for .84 (I got 2 packages at this price). I boiled the brats in a large skillet with a half-can of beer until all the liquid was gone, then let them brown. I served on potato buns with heated sauerkraut and spicy mustard, with onion-roasted potatoes on the side.

Sunday totals:

.84 - bratwurst
$1 - 1/2 package potato buns
.85 - can sauerkraut
.75 - package onion soup mix (for roasted potatoes)
.60 - about 2 lbs potatoes (purchased on sale for $2.99 for 10 lb bag)

$4.04 for dinner for 4 (sister joined us)

No comments: