Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday Dinner


Citrus Shrimp has become one of my go-to recipes; it's easy, it's delicious and it's always a crowd pleaser. The plain white rice and sesame broccoli are the perfect accompaniments, so I don't mess with the formula for success.

I normally make it with just 1 lb of shrimp, but my sister was joining us tonight. Also, my freezer is so packed I really wanted to use the full 2 lb. bag instead of putting half a bag back. So the per-meal cost is a bit higher than usual, but there are leftovers for 2 lunch servings of shrimp, rice & sauce (a good thing since The Kid is out of school tomorrow).

Totals:

$5.98 - shrimp (pre-holiday Buy 1, Get 2 free sale on raw EZ peel shrimp from HT)
.85 - broccoli (steam-in-bag after BOGO + doubled coupon)
$1 - additional ingredients

$7.83 for dinner for 4, plus 2 lunch servings

No comments: