Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tuesday Dinner

Are you signed up as an eVic customer at Harristeeter.com? Basically this means that you've linked you VIC card to your email address so that you can receive their weekly flier by email. In exchange for doing this, you're eligible for a different special each week, and sometimes several specials.

I mention this because one of last week's specials was a package of Hillshire Farms link sausages (assorted varieties) for $2. That's a great price on a product that's usually in the $3.50 range. I chose Beer Bratwurst, and pan-fried them until well-browned. I served them on potato rolls with heated sauerkraut and spicy mustard. On the side we had oven fries.

Totals:

$2 - bratwurst
$2 - buns
$1 - 1/2 bag fries
free - leftover sauerkraut (this stuff has been in my fridge for longer than I care to admit. Luckily it's already pickled/preserved.)

$5 for dinner for 4 (sister joined us), with 2 brats and 4 buns left over

No comments: