Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Monday & Tuesday Dinners

Sorry for the gap in postings, y'all. But in my defense, there really weren't any interesting dinners going on at my house over the past week. Lots of leftovers (I'm now deathly sick of turkey), and a night of cheeseburgers and fries was as good as it got.

I've missed cooking and would have been back in the swing of things Monday night, but The Kid had a function and we had to eat and run. I managed to get a quick dinner on the table with Trader Joe's Teriyaki Chicken, white rice, and steam-in-the-bag edamame. (This represented the last of my Trader Joe's stash, so it's about time to make another run up to Chapel Hill.)

Monday Totals:

$4.99 - teriyaki chicken
.20 - rice
$1.35 - edamame (BOGO)

$6.54 for dinner for 3, plus a full serving for lunch (which The Kid promptly claimed and brown-bagged)

__________

As I've mentioned, Tuesday is usually a busy day for me. Today was no different, so dinner was more about putting different elements together than it was about really cooking. I made meatball subs with a bag of frozen turkey meatballs, heated in jarred spaghetti sauce, sprinkled with shredded mozzarella, and served on soft bakery sub rolls. On the side I tossed a quick Ceasar salad with romaine, bottled dressing, a sprinkle of grated Asiago, and garlic-butter croutons.

Tuesday Totals:

$1.50 - meatballs (sale + HT super double coupon)
$1 - spaghetti sauce (about 2/3 jar purchased for $1.50 after sale + super double coupon)
$1.66 - sub rolls (4 out of package of 6)
.75 - mozzarella cheese (1/2 package)
.66 - romaine lettuce (1/3 of $2 package)
free - dressing (after triple coupons)
free - croutons (after double coupons)

$5.57 for dinner for 4 (sister joined us), plus leftover meatballs in sauce for another sandwich

No comments: