Sunday, March 28, 2010

Recent Dinners

The spring weather has had me in a cleaning/organizing frenzy, plus I'm trying to get ready for a trip we'll be taking in a few days. Consequently, dinners have been more about convenience than usual.

Thursday night we had burgers & tater tots. The ground beef was practically free after some creative couponing. I had a coupon for $1.50 off ground beef with the purchase of 2 Classico pasta sauces. Harris Teeter had that brand BOGO last week, plus a sale on ground beef for $1.47/lb. So I picked up 2 jars of sauce for $2.69, plus another .33 for the ground beef (price on package was $1.83 for something like 1.25 lbs.) I served a can of peaches on the side.

.33 - ground beef
free - American cheese (some long ago deal - time to use this up)
.59 - 1/2 package Food Lion brand hamburger buns
.75 - 1/2 package Food Lion brand tater tots
.50 - canned peaches

$2.17 for dinner for 4 (sister joined us)

_____________________

Friday was the second-to-last fish night of Lent. (Thank goodness. I love fish and meatless meals in general but I hate being told what night I have to have them.) I served a bag of Gorton's Crunchy Breaded fish fillets with hush puppies (bagged, frozen) and a can of Del Monte green beans with potatoes. (OK, these have "ham flavor" added so they're probably not technically meatless, but I won't tell the rest of my family if you don't.)

$2.25 - fish fillets (BOGO + super double coupon)
$1.25 - hush puppies (BOGO)
$1 - green beans with potatoes

$4.50 for dinner for 5 (sister joined us & brought home leftovers for brother-in-law)

______________________________

Saturday night I heated up the last of the Jack Daniel's heat-n-serve entrees. If you remember, I got these for $3 apiece because of a Harris Teeter raincheck. I noticed that they're on sale this week BOGO, so you can stock up on them for about $4 apiece if you 're interested.

I served the pulled pork BBQ on hamburger buns. Tater tots and leftover corn rounded out the meal.

$3 - pulled pork
.59 - buns
.75 - 1/2 package tater tots
free - leftover corn

$4.34 for dinner for 4

No comments: