Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

A view from the front porch
Floyd County, Virginia


Happy Easter, y'all!

Sorry I've been behind on my dinner posts. We spent Spring Break in the mountains and just got back last night. The above photo is the view from our friends' front porch - you can't tell, but that's a river winding through the valley down there. We can't wait to get back up there when the weather is a little warmer to do some serious 'tubing. (They're about 2 weeks behind us, season-wise. They had a warm week like we did, but everything still looks like winter up there. And that mountain water is COLD.)

After a nice, peaceful week in the mountains, I'm happy to be back in my own kitchen but have so much unpacking & laundry that I don't want to spend all day there. I won't post later today, but I already know we're having a easy-on-the-cook Easter dinner.

Spiral sliced ham ($1.59/lb at HT, + additional $2 off for eVic members)
Mashed sweet potatoes ($1.29 for large can, flavored with a little fresh orange zest & juice), Roasted spring asparagus (2 lbs at $1.29/lb)
Hollandaise sauce (from a Knorr mix - .75 after coupon)
Sister Shubert's Parker House rolls (.75 after BOGO + double coupon)
Edward's Key Lime pie ($5.99 after sale + double coupon)

Total $24.36 for a holiday dinner for 5, with lots of leftover everything (especially ham, which I plan to make into several meals to come)

No comments: