Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursday Dinner


This is the second time I've made this recipe, which comes from Real Simple magazine. It's light and tangy and a perfect warm-weather dish. This isn't a new photo, it's the one I took the first night I made it. I wasn't fond of edamame for a side dish that night, so tonight I made sauteed spinach and it was a much better accompaniment. I just heated 1 T. olive oil in a large nonstick skillet, and sauteed 1 tsp. minced garlic over medium-high heat. I added in a 10 oz bag of spinach leaves (de-stemmed), and sauteed just until wilted. I seasoned with salt, pepper and a splash of lemon juice and served immediately.

Totals:

$3 - salmon (from Aldi - 4 fillets for $3.99)
$2 - fresh spinach
$1 - 1/2 box couscous
.50 - ingredients for lemon sauce

$6.50 for dinner for 3

No comments: