Sunday, April 18, 2010

Thursday - Sunday Meals

Thursday night was a quickie sort of meal - frozen chicken taquitos and refried beans. The Taquitos were BOGO at HT the other week, plus I had $1 off coupons, which brought the cost down to about $2.25/box. The refried beans were something like .20 a can after triple coupons. (Y'all know I don't like to spend much on convenience foods. If I'm going to go over my nightly dinner budget I'd just as soon eat out.)

Friday was a close repeat of Monday's dinner because I guess I was out of steam and ideas. I marinated chicken breasts in Lawry's Signature Steakhouse marinade, then slapped them on the George Foreman. They ended up too thick for sandwiches because I hadn't pounded or butterflied them beforehand, so I sliced them thin on the bias and arranged the slices on bakery rolls. We topped them with sliced pepperjack cheese, lettuce & tomato and served with oven fries. Totals should be about the same for Monday, minus the edamame.

Saturday I boiled a 2 lb. bag of frozen EZ-peel shrimp with some Old Bay. I served them hot with rice, leftover collards, and a pan of cornbread. The shrimp was $5.98 (as cheap as it ever gets at HT), the rice was those Uncle Ben's Ready Rice microwave pouches I got for 4 cents apiece during triple coupons, the leftover collards were free, and the cornbread probably cost me less than $1 to make.

Sunday is The Kid's night at youth group, so we're cleaning out the fridge of leftovers.

No comments: