Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tuesday Dinner

I'm always looking out for inexpensive quick dinners for nights when I'm too tired and/or too busy to cook. I had a different meal entirely planned for last night, but was out running errands so late that I scrapped the plans. Instead, I picked up a deli pizza from Aldi because I was there anyway. These are the same sort of giant pizzas sold fresh (not frozen) and uncooked at Walmart, Costco, etc. I'd never tried the Aldi version before, but I figured it would make a decent on-the-fly dinner with a side salad.

The verdict: best pizza of its kind that we've tried, with a bonus of also being the cheapest. It's a little better than the Costco pizzas, and head & shoulders above the ones from Walmart.

Totals:

$5.99 - cheese pizza
$1 - lettuce & tomatoes for salad

$6.99 for dinner for 4 with leftover pizza for 2 lunch servings today

No comments: