Saturday, December 12, 2009

Friday Dinner

Friday afternoon was spent running errands all over, so I knew I wouldn't have much time to cook when I got home. I decided burgers n' fries would be the quickest & easiest thing I had to put together, but I jazzed 'em up so they'd be GOOD burgers n' fries. After I thawed out another package of that ground chuck I got for free after triple coupons last month, I made 3 big patties and seasoned both sides with garlic salt and McCormick Smokehouse Black Pepper (both were also triple coupon freebies from awhile back). I grilled the burgers on the George Foreman, then topped with sliced pepperjack cheese, A-1 sauce, and served on toasted potato rolls. The fries were just frozen steak fries, oven-baked and sprinkled with seasoned salt.

Totals:

free - ground chuck
.75 - potato rolls
.60 - sliced pepperjack
$1 - 1/2 package frozen fries

$2.35 for dinner for 3

No comments: