Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tuesday Dinner

Tuesday is our busy day, and we don't get home until just before dinnertime. After looking through my freezer & fridge, I decided that steak was the quickest & easiest thing to make (after defrosting, of course).

I got the ribeyes on markdown at Harris Teeter for about $2 per steak. I seasoned them with garlic salt and Mrs. Dash, then grilled them on the George Foreman. While they were cooking, I sauteed up some fresh mushrooms in butter with fresh garlic, and a dash each of Worchestershire sauce and pepper. I also made package of instant mashed potatoes (loaded baked potato flavor - free after triple coupons), and threw a steamable bag of broccoli and cheese in the microwave. Dinner was on the table in about 20 minutes, with a minimum of fuss.

Totals:

$6 - ribeyes
$1.50 - mushrooms
.50 - broccoli & cheese (sale + double coupon)
free - mashed potatoes

$8 for dinner for 3

No comments: